Generics can make your Go code slower (PlanetScale):
- boxing vs monomorphization vs partial monomorphization (“GCShape stenciling with Dictionaries”)
- interface inlining doesn’t work well with the 1.18’s compiler
- generics work well for byte sequences (
string | byte)
- in simple cases, generics can be useful for function callbacks.
How Meta enables de-identified authentication at scale. The rational, the use-cases, and a high-level architecture of Meta’s Anonymous Credential Service (ACS).
Hidden dangers of duplicate key violations in PostgreSQL (AWS).
INSERT … ON CONFLICT has additional benefits, if compared to relying on PostgreSQL’s “duplicate key violation” error:
- no additional space needed for dead tuples
- less autovacuum required
- transaction IDs aren’t used for nothing, preventing (postponing) the potential trx-id wraparound.
Diving into AWS IAM Roles for (Kubernetes) Service Accounts (IRSA).